I’m going to Peru on September 2 to hike the Inca trail. Very exciting!! I’ve been doing a ton of research, and I’ve read a ton of blogs that have been very helpful for me, so hopefully writing one of my own will be helpful for someone else.
I’ll be traveling with my friend Amanda. We’ve already booked our flights (yay for frequent flier miles!) to Lima, the hotel in Cuzco, and the trek (through Peru Treks). We’ll be arriving in Cuzco 4 days before beginning the trek.
Things I still need to do:
- Book the flights between Lima and Cuzco
- Decide on a hotel in Lima for the long layover.
- Get in better trek shape – I’ve been seriously bad about this and I have less than 2 months before the trip! Yikes!
- Hike at least one fourteener before we go.
- If possible, fit in a 4 day backpacking trip to see how well I hold up.
- Learn better Spanish – I’m taking a “Conversational Spanish for Travel” class, but I don’t feel very confident yet.
So, that’s about it for now. More posts to come!